Friday, June 06, 2008

MY FIRST ACTION FLICK EVER

SUSANNAH the Movie
May 30, 2008
7-9:30 pm

Tony & Sig input from pocket drive to Sig's 750

May 31, 2008
1pm -

Sig picked me up from Milbrae Bart station. Tony arrived at 2pm.

Sequence 7 - Export Test using compressor 3:30 - 3:35
30 sec piece
burn DVD 3:40

Possible Audio
Initially, I suggested we start looking for a sound similiar to the Funky Meters' Cissy Strut, a band I grew up dancing to in New Orleans' hot spots back in the day when "Chevelle's" were known to be one of those hip cars that a lot of guys drove. Eventually, the Funky Meters got very big and over the years took on their family name, Neville Brothers. Wish I could have gotten them to do our music...wishful thinking, huh. Or a sound simular to Rufus Thomas' "Funky Chicken". I just know we need music that POPPING. The best I thought I could come up with at this time is a young female composer from San Leandro, CA named Morgan who plays a pretty mean harmonica and told me she could pull something off in Apple's GarageBand. Still waiting to hear from Morgan...where are you Morgan? Sig suggested we check out the Good Morning Viet Nam Sound Track.

Sig and I reviewed the script over wine...Merlot...
1 hr + 5 hrs = 6 hrs

June 1, 2008

10:30 am to 4:30 pm -

Pro Resing Cards 1-14 The rest of them ready to edit - 5 hours

Dinah, Tony & Sig - Our Production Team is now called MacDiva & the Donnetts


This Logo was designed by Tony Nguyen a.k.a Mr. Photoshop

June 8, 2008

2pm – Dinah putting first rough cut onto timeline based on the script we were given.



Sig worked 2 hrs adding audio, and 2 hrs later Tony completed transitions and checked latest communication from Silverado. Sig & I put in experimental sound track. It was a lot of fun and we were very happy with our rough cut. This is not "punk work" folks, editing footage from the Red Camera is like playing around with a BIG smoking gun. We have been working our you know what off while smelling the roses and remembering that it's not as much about the destination as it is the journey.

Keeping It Real!
Dinah a.k.a MacDiva

2 comments:

Tony Nguyen said...

Don't forget about the popcorn! We learned how to pop popcorn. No more burnt bags of popcorn!

Dinah deSpenza said...

I actually burned a bag of popcorn... just how the heck do you burn microwave popcorn? Never before have this happened to me (I swear). I guess there's a first time for everything, huh?