Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What Just Happened? IDOM Rocks It...One Mo Gin

ONE MO GIN... (translation...one more time)
pronounce like IN with the G in front - not GIN, the alcholic drink


Well, we pulled it off again. How we did it? What Just Happened?!? Beats heck out of me. It just did. Wrapping up our brainstorm at 2:30 am Saturday morning with a deadline of 7:30 pm Sunday. A bunch of ideas and no script. (what's that?!?!?) We started out Friday night sipping champagne, and later eating doughnuts (my choice was chocolate on chocolate cake doughnuts) and joking around like we were at some kinda party, with only a few hours to nap. I was so up I had to put on my leopard print sleep mask and make myself close my eyes and go to sleep. (for a little while anyway) This was my experience during the making of Twirly Boy.

Up early, Saturday with costume and make-up ideas on the brain, leaving room for the unknown. In algebraic terms, we call this: solving for n. In my case, n = audio, x= production assistant, y = etc., etc., etc... Our shoot eventually happened (from late morning into the wee hours of the night or early am) a lot of the story was developed along the way. Testosterone was running high and I was the only girl on the scene until the girlfriend of one of the guys made a few appearances and Signe showed up on Sunday afternoon. Sisters...let me tell you...not always easy being a girl with a bunch of guys! (that's a whole other story!!!)





I felt my testosterone kicking. It had to, my survival depended on it. Kicking off at 8:30 Sunday morning and wrapping up the shoot a few hours later, leaving us just the afternoon to finish the edit. Once again we rocked it. And a Twirly Boy was born!




Genre:
Road Movie

Character:
Chris or Christy Doyle, drummer

Prop:
Pin

Line of Dialogue:
“What just happened?”

And 48 hours to do it!

1 comment:

Tony Nguyen said...

I'm thinking that we bring in Tom Flowers for the Twirly Boy sequel. We find out that Oscar, the sports agent's boss, is actually Twirly Boy's father, and that's why he's so adament about getting his boy to Beijing. You see, Tom's character fathered Twirly Boy when he was fighting in the Vietnam War, and now he's making up for lost time. What do you think??