Wednesday, February 01, 2006

THE WAY I SEE IT...

I see validity in everything being said in these articles, including the various comments people wrote up. On the one hand its not so much about what’s right or wrong but that everything changes and it’s okay to preserve some of the old ways of media because everyone will not be consciously nor economically ready to accept change. This is after all the age of political correctness…and everyone thinks they are.

I especially liked the comments people made on "The Coming Golden Age of TV". In particular, Post #24 presented by Ray Barrington. He speaks of color TV in the 60s being a novelty. I feel HD is not always a solution for certain films but content is extremely important. Especially when I think back to the blaxploitation films of that period such as “Cotton Comes to Harlem”, “Superfly”, or “Shaft”, or VanPeables’ Sweet Sweet Back Badass Song. I don’t feel the need to see them in HD. For me these films represented a highly emotional and spirited time in the life of black America. The quality of film during those times had a different texture, flavor and sound that now evokes a very romantic and mesmerizing feeling that I’m not willing to let go of.

No comments: