Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hey What's Up!

Feeling pretty good about what I've created even though it is still a work in progress. I feel my content is pretty good. I like it a lot. All of my media was shot some time ago without really knowing what I'd be using it for. Some of my stills were shot by friends who were in Africa when I could not be there. Yesterday I received more footage from Rome. This will cover my next few episodes. I just took advantage of some opportunities as they come up. The editing have been long but fun. It actually helped to relieve the personal stress in my life. (smile) It just made me feel good. I'm getting the bigger picture as to what my shows will be about. The contents of my episodes that I previously blogged about are shifting and changing some. Editing keeps me ahead of myself, so it's almost as if I'm not sure where I'm going until I get there. And I'm just letting each piece I edit evolve on it's on.

I found that using my already existing media helped me a lot. I've had a lot of time to look at things in different ways and from different perspectives. The live interviews were done in June and August of 2005. I'd actually started creating some of the graphics last summer while taking After Effects class with Evan. My original plan was to work in Final Cut Pro and After Effects. However, given the time it took me think on some things, I got inspired by Mr. iPod Dad and pulled my After Effects files into iMovie. I've used iMovie and feel very comfortable with it. But things were getting down to the wire, and then last week Evan gave iMovie a few props, then I just told myself that's on now! So my 1st Episode is complete for now. It was fun. Still a work in progress.

Thanks for rolling with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!