Monday, October 15, 2007

Production of Series 1 has been ongoing for sometime now. Approximately a month. I had been very busy rolling with my crew "It Donned On Me" Productions. We've been on a roll since the summer and we are now known as an "award winning" film crew, "I know that's right! More on IDOM later. As for the current episode I'm working on: It is a continuation of my shorts done on the African Diaspora. I've been at 4 minutes for the past week. Because it was not screened last week at CSM as planned, I've had an extra week to bring it down to 3 minutes. It's not been easy.

I've actually done two individual projects that are basically the same. The first one started out in FCP. I also did some editing in iMovie and exported that media into FCP, and also dropped in some AE. I have had some technical problems with my computer running slower than normal, files going off line and problems editing the audio in FCP

In the second one I exported some FCP and AF media into iMovie. Here, the audio is easier to work with. I managed to get more done in less time.

I actually like combining all three programs, FCP, AE and iMovie. Sometimes iMovie alone can be pretty weak. This is when I call in my back up team (FCP & AE). It is when I enjoy working in iMovie the most. I do however, know of some dudes that can work the shit outta some iMovie. Have you thinking you're having a conscious awakening while still in the dream state kinda lookin film. I'm talkin bout Joe Kirsch, Apple Store, Burlingame; and Lucky, Apple Store, Cupertino...yeah, he's that good. Lucky is really Da Man, he is also a DJ. Anyone who crosses paths with him knows it. Joe Kirsch did. Lucky was the first person I met when I lived on the penninsula. I guess there are no accidents in the Universe.

Gotta work out the kinks with the audio and be ready for screening tomorrow night.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: