Tuesday, October 02, 2007




Since the release of the music CD of the children's recording with Oliver Mtukudzi, Tuli Bumachala (We are the Orphans) I have worked diligently to promote the music of these beautiful children whom I spent time with. Aside from using their photos and songs as a backdrop for my previous short films, each year since my visit I've done a radio talk on San Jose, California's Radio Station KKUP's Monday show "Echoes of Africa". The show is hosted by Emmanuel Nado (a native of Cote Avoire). It is a music and news talk show on the "Continent".

Last year Oliver Mutazudzi once again made his annual pilgramage to Oakland, however, this time he'd joined forces with an African American Doctor, Dr. Scott and the community of Allen Temple Baptist Church of Oakland who journeys to Zim several times a year to bring medical services to the people and the area surrounding Harare (the capital of Zimbabwe).

No comments: