Wednesday, October 17, 2007


Below I've listed three things I'm going to do differently on my next film.

1. Compression: I like working in several programs. Final Cut Pro, After Effects and iMovie. I find integrating FCP and AF with iMovie gives iMovie the pop it needs. However, the mistake I made with my previous film was not being mindful of the compression rates before transporting from one program into the next. With the compression rate being consistent in each program I can expect better clarity throughout the entire film.

2. "Thou Shalt Not Zoom". Instead of going from a wide shot to zooming in on a close-up, I will pause first and zoom second. No zooming! Why? Because it's all wrong! Over all, things will generally look better and be easier on the physical eye.

3. In this next episode I will bring in a different Zimbabwean Artist, Thomas Maphumo and his band, along with Africian American trumpeter Khalil Shaheed for the integration of African Music with American Jazz. Since my mission involves the Ntengwe Children of Zimbabwe's Orphan Project, the music from their CD will also be used as a backdrop. The results: melodies and beats that one will always remember.

Peace Out!

No comments: